I've been using Astird for some time now. Why Astrid? Because I need the following features:
- Multiple task lists
Most Task Managers have that. I need it to seperate Work and private. I have several Work lists, one for each customer and one for my company.
- Share tasks/task lists with others
Now it gets tricket. Not all have that. I prefer being able to share a whole list, like shopping. I can live with sharing each task but I would prefer if I can share a whole list.
- See/sort completion date
For some reasons most don't have that feature. I used Wunderlist in the past but it didn't have this feature and as of now still doesn't have it. I need it to be able to check what I did at the end of the week and use it for my status reports.
was bought by Yahoo and they decided to simply shut it down. On a site note: Why buy a service if you plan to shut it down? I'f they use parts of it for their own, that's fine. But nowhere I saw: "Hey, Yahoo has this task management thingy and parts of Astrid will be used there." If there was something I might have used it. So instead I looked around a bit. The only one that seemed to have the functionality I want was Remember The Milk
Ok, new service found, now migrating everything. Found this
little description. Was happy to see that there was a perl script also. So went with that Method. I've downloaded it and also added the little patch that is on that website. The script with the patch and a little modification from me can be downloaded here
- Login to Remember The Milk and create all the lists you had. Yes, rather manual task.
- Login to Astrid, go to click on your name in the top right corner and choose "Export your data"
- If you had shared tasks check "Include all tasks shared with you". That will export the tasks but be aware, comments and whom you shared them with, will not be imported.
- You get a mail, save the attachment and run the script
- Go to this site, you will have to give it access to your Remember The Milk account
- Copy and paste the output you got from the script and sent it to RTM. It takes a bit till everything is imported
- Remove access for the website again under Settings > Services
- Now cleanup what is necessary.
It's not really the smoothest and easiest migration but at least it works.
I wish you well.