New cloud storage software

So today I stumbled over TresoreIt and installed it. If you register via the link in this Lifehacker article you get 50GB free for life. Not bad. So set it up and from what I can tell so far it works good. Big differentce to others like google drive/dropbox/syncplicity and such is that your files are encrypted on the client. TresoreIt servers never see unencrypted data. If you loose your password thats it. No recovery. This also means there is no web interface to upload, download or share files. I am fine with that.

Hope is that since everything is encrypted on the client side that organizations wont block it. But the hope is rather slim. For now I have my account and it seems to work on the customer side as well as on EMC side.

I wish you well

Andy

Labels: ,